What should I do? Is there anything that I can do?

My son will be 2 this september and normally my son has always been a Daddy's Boy but now its almost like he wants nothing to do with me. It breaks my heart, i cry everynight at bedtime when he pushes me away when I'm tryin to give him kisses and he lying on his dads lap. I dunno if its a stage or what but I have been overly deppressed about the whole situation. What or can i do anything to help myself or the situation?....

ashnbra1

Asked by ashnbra1 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• my son likes my mom more then me. he does the same kind of things. it really really hurts my feelings. i dont know what to do about it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• My son does it too. My husband is at work all day, I figure by the time he gets home my son is just so happy to see him, he just wants daddy time. I don't let it get to me because there are still some things that only mommy can fix. Like if he falls or runs into something and gets hurt, he comes straight to me. He knows I will make it all better.
    Anonymous

• My dd was just saying that her son does the same thing. Maybe these boys just do a testosterone bond. Be patient. They may open up to the moms as well in time.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• It's a phase. My kids did the same thing, only it was daddy they were pushing away. Just as I told him you cannot take it personal. Kids have this amazing thing called unconditional love and your boy loves you just as much as daddy. It's like a new toy he wants for a month until he finds an old toy he forgot about. I'm almost positive it wont last forever.

Mommy4000

Answer by Mommy4000 at 12:24 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• When my son was born, I had a c-section and they handed him right to my hubby after they cleaned him up. The first voice he heard talk to him was his dads. When i held him and his dad would talk, he would look around for his dad. It hurt my feelings at first, but I thought, well he's just a baby, he'll get use to me. His first words were"daddy", when all I use to repeat to him is, mamamamama,baby, mamamamama. So it does hurt when you're with them all the time and taking care of them and they respond more to your hubby. My son is about to be 12 years old this month, he still clings to his dad, but he is clinging a little bit more to me which I feel a lot better about, not in a too clingy way though, but just enough for me to feels he loves me just as much. So i do believe it is a phase, and sooner or later, they do come around to you and you'll feel a whole lot better. It is just a phase.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2010