What would this position title be?

I currently do not have a single employee but I do want to hire one. Here are the duties I want performed:

Answer Phones, Take Messages, Go around office bi-weekly to check supplies, leave a list so I an order it, if clients show up just pour them coffee and ask them to wait, if supplies in the office runs short I need this person to go to the store to get it, using company money and no need to drive, we live inner city so everything is close, when there are meetings with bigger clients, which happen monthly, I need this person to do huge orders at starbucks ahead of time and bring them to the meeting.

other stuff like, empty trash, clean, etc.....Basically an all around receptionist and assistant all in one. 5 hours a day Mon-Fri, paid holidays and sick, benefits after a year, etc

soooo???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OP as a former office manager those are basically either a Receptionist or Admin Asst's duties; however you want to phrase it depending on how big your organization is.

As for should it be two positions? Let me look it over again...
    No; that should be fine for one person to handle; I did that and so much more for THREE executives; so I think it will be fine.

For that matter if you are the owner or 'big cheese' you could title the person an Executive Asst; but beware; the fancier the title the more they're going to expect the job to pay...ie Receptionists make $8-9/hr - Admin Asst's usually in the $10-$13 - and Executive Asst's avg $13 - $18.

In general those aren't hard fast wages; and are particular to my region sooo you know for what it's worth...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Might as well be your personal assistant.
    Anonymous

• OP

Or should this be two different positions? But I'd rather not hire if it is two positions because It is no more than a couple hours work, stretched out can be 5 hours with a lot of downtime. So I'm just trying to be fair and not expect too much.

Should I just get an INTERN? What would be a good starting rate? 10 hourly?
    Anonymous

• Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant... whatever title you give it just be up front about the duties so someone knows what they are agreeing to do.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I thought, by your question - you were asking about a sexual position. I was curious if you had a good idea, LOL
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 11:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• OP

bahha lol, I should have been more specific
    Anonymous

• And... something with "Assistant" at the end. And two is always nice, but it sounds like you'll want to "grow" into two and right now just hire one. Perhaps a couple of interviewees might be interested in temp work if your FT assistant calls in sick or decides to quit.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 11:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I would go with Office Assistant. Are there any local colleges around? Maybe you could hire one of the college students to come in before/in between/after classes.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Your right hand man ;)
    seriously they would be your assistant.
    Anonymous

• Support staff position: Office assistant.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2010