screening

I went to the doc today & he told me that my results were in of thr triple screening. The baby weas neg for downs, But my levels were raised to 2.1 for spina bifida. Although he said I have nothing to worry about because the levles were low. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I feel all confused/

Gonna-hav-A-BOY

Asked by Gonna-hav-A-BOY at 11:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Those test have a HUGE false positive rate and the test you took simply tells you what percentage of risk you have for a certain disorder.

You are in a low bracet so to speak so ensentially there is nothing to worry about. They may offer you an amniocentices and the decision to have that is up to you.
    Anonymous

• Thats is why i didnt get those tests. For the reasons the pp listed. Its just a risk percentage. And personally i didnt want to know. I woulkd have loved him either way. But to answer your question..The pp is right...I wouldnt worry...
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:02 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I agree with the others. I chose not to do the screening because of the false positive likelihood.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 8:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2010