I have a huge fibroid! Please help!

Hi Moms!
2 years ago after months of heavy clotting, 3 opinions and 2 surgeries, I finally had my fibroid removed. It has since returned in the same place. 3 months ago I had an ultrasound and it had grown. I go back in July for another ultrasound. I know that he is either going to want to do another surgery or have a hysterectomy. We are not sure if we want more children, but I don't want that taken from me. I am only 31 years old with a healthy 5 year old. I have been researching online and I came across Fibrovan. Has anyone ever tried this herbal drug? I am desperate for an alternative to surgery. I am currently on bc and still have heavy break thru bleeding and heavy clotting. Someone please help me!
Thanks in advance!
Monica

monicatucker31

Asked by monicatucker31 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Health

• I've had fibroids and a hysterectomy but I was done having children so I was glad to be rid of it.

I think you need to make the decision about having more kids now and then talk to your doctor about the feasibility of another pregnancy.  It is possible that your fibroid will prevent you from conceiving but if it doesn't you need to do it soon and then have the surgery. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• You can ask to have just the fibroid removed and for your uterus to be left intact. It does not have to mean that you lose your uterus, so find a doctor who is willing to remove just the tumor. I've never heard of the other stuff.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:55 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• It depends on where your fibroid is located. Fibroids can grow on the outside of the uterus and attach to other organs. They can grow on the inside of the uterus. Or like my fibroid, grow in the wall of the uterus. I didn't have a choice about having a hysterectomy.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2010