Shower Gifts

What is the best gift to give for a shower?
I'm debating between a case of diapers from Costco or 45 individually prepared home made meals (new mom chooses menu) so she doesn't have to cook for the week before and the week after birth.
I've known this girl for years, they are broke, have little to nothing for the child and are in debt up to their earlobes. Apparently her WIC is feeding her & her BF.
Or should I get something else?

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 11:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I honestly think food is a great gift. Perhaps you should ask her? Say hey I was thinking about some gifts do you like this idea or this? I did purchase diapers for my sil who had twins. I knew it would be expensive to get them so when I went for a visit I went to walmart and got a huge box, then I taped the recept to the top incase they liked a different kind.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• If they have wic and are totally financially ruined, they're probably getting foodstamps too. I would get necessities for the baby such as diapers and wipes, clothing, bottles.....
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon they will probably be able to get assistance on food but diapers, ointment, wipes, lotion, soap those types of things she will be on her own. I would get her the things she'll need that other people might not think to get her.
    Anonymous