i might be expecting!!

My period is 5 days late. I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative but prior to that i was laying in bed one night and i woke up because i was laying on my tummy and my tummy felt different like i might be pregnant and as of right now still no period. Is it too soon for the pregnnacy test to defect my hormones? Moms please help me out.

mommytoobe2011

Asked by mommytoobe2011 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• usually you can get a positive 14-16 days after conception. you may want to visit your OB though. gl
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• You should be able to get a positive HPT by now but some women do not have high enough HCG levels to be detected in your urine.

You can go to your doctor or a local draw station and request a Quantitive HCG (blood test) which are usually more acurate.

Otherwise wait a week and take another test if your period hasn't shown up yet.
    Anonymous

• Mine showed positive 3 days before I missed my period. Depends on how much of the hormone is in your system. Every woman is different. Test again, it's the only way to know for sure.
    bustii

Answer by bustii at 11:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• okay thanks so much
    mommytoobe2011

Answer by mommytoobe2011 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• take a clearblue test
    blackjack

Answer by blackjack at 12:57 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Well, this might give you some hope. I was due for my period on 5/24/10 took a test the day after and it was negative. took another test 3 days after that still negative, took another test on 05/30/10 and it was POSITIVE!!!! good luck and BABY DUST!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jun. 2, 2010