Picky Eater.

How do I get my almost 2yr old to eat food that other people serve? We are at a b-day party & I should have fed her before- all they had were hot dogs, pasta salad w/mayo, chips, ice cream & cake.
She has never had those before. Each item she tried, only to spit it out saying yucky. I had to beg the host for some veggies to give her and she ate the snacks I always carry (banana & nori)
The host was mad that I didn't try to convince her to eat what was there by tasting it myself. I explained that I had forgotten my allergy medicine & didn't want to go into shock. Since it was all store bought they couldn't tell me what oils, ingredients & artificial sugars were used so I wasn't going to risk it. and yes a spoonful of pasta salad has caused my throat to close up before.
My girl does not have allergies, & I never meant for her to become picky due to mine. Any clue what I can do?
The menu said sausages & salad: I thought greens.

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 11:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't worry about it - sounds like she's probably got a much healthier diet which in the long run will be better for her. Most people would love their kids to NOT eat that crap. If you run into a situation that could be like that in the future make sure you feed her ahead of time or take more of your own food along.
    Anonymous