Do you ever return stuff to the store just because you got bored of it?

I buy toys from Walmart and Target, keep the kids busy a few days and then I return them and get something else. Other times I get small appliances and use them for a couple of weeks and then return them and get something else. Ever since I do this I am saving so much money. I used to spend lots of money on things I thought I wanted but then I got bored with them and stuck with them. Now I can try out almost anything for free. My husband buys books, reads them and returns them. I don't feel guilty, they make billions of dollars off of the chinese people, why should I feel sorry for them. Last week I bought a tent, went camping and took it back to the store.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't agree with that but whatever floats your boat!
    Anonymous

• How do you return stuff like that? I always feel bad if I even return something that doesn't fit that was never worn. I have an unopened air mattress with a receipt that they won't let me return.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Who won't let you return the air mattress?
    Anonymous

• walmart
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• No, and with most stores' return policies, I'm pretty sure you don't either. Nice try though.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I worked in retail at high end stores and at a nationwide chain store and we didn't allow customers to return used items of any kid, especially something like a MATTRESS!!! OMG. Customers who use things and return them always made me so mad. That is dishonest and crappy. Sorry, but you need an attitude adjustment, OP. REALLY! I would NEVER do that. You just don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Well I don't do it as a practice. My home is filled with stuff I should have returned. However Nordstroms allows returns on anything for any reason. I once took a pair of pants back b/c my husband told me everytime I wore them they made me look pregnant. They were "not your daughters jeans". Yeah not my daughters it was my grannies jeans.LOL
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• What are you talking about. My walmart has a 90 day return policy, they don't even require a receipt for most items, Target has a 30 day return policy where I live (texas), Kohl's doesn't need a receipt either, just my credit card statement, Ross will take back the merchandise for store credit without a price tag and without receipt. Where do y'all leave? In the sticks? Consumer rights? Anyone?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I don't think it is possible ....I suspect the OP is telling us a story.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Stores don't accept USED items...there has to be a tag on the items and a receipt. Get real.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 2, 2010