I know this is weird but I liked giving birth. I am done having kids but want to do it again. I would be a surrogate but I'm not sure.......

The first time I gave birth it was terrible. I was in labor for 36 hours. I was on oxegyn and morphine. So I don't remember much of it. Then I was so exhausted that I just wanted to sleep. The second time however was different. I was in labor for 6 hours but it didn't hurt like the first and I was aware enough to watch in a mirror. It was the most amazing experience of my life. Afterwards I was ready to go home that night. They of course had me stay 24 hours but I would have been ok leaving then. It was just an all around amazing experience that I want to do it again. I would be a surrogate but I am scared I would be to attached to the baby and I would be crushed. I didn't like the whole pregnancy either. I am working on getting the rest of the baby weight off (9 months still workin :() but after that I might donate eggs. Am I the only one that feels this way about giving birth? Or am I just crazy?

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 12:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• i have donated eggs - one of the best decisions of my life- we now have a great friendship, i get at least one photo a week, and i love the fact that another couple get to have the love and joy i have been lucky enough to enjoy- i couldn't do surrogacy I would get too emotionally invovled, but the eggs just weren't an emotional attachment, so happy to give them
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Giving birth is supposed to be a very empowering experience. Mine didn't go very well but I'm looking forward to doing it the right way. I wouldn't be a surrogate for the fact that I'd feel like I was doing all the work with no reward.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I loved giving birth. I had both my births drug free and my second was born at home, unassisted(this was not planned btw). But I would give birth any day, it's an amazing feeling.

Mommy4000

Answer by Mommy4000 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i loved giving birth to!!! :) as soon as my son came out i was like thats it!? that was nothing im ready for more haha. dont worry your not crazy :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 1:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I would SO be a surrogate if I could......(Getting too old now and I think it would be hard explaining to our four year old why we wouldn't be keeping a baby brother/sister.) I think being preganant and having a child is the most amazing experience of all. I would like nothing more than to be able to give that gift to someone else--someone who could not otherwise have a child!
    LindyCam

Answer by LindyCam at 1:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I loved it too! Don't get me wrong, I felt that pain, but what an AMAZING sensation! What a powerful force of nature taking place in your own body, right? It makes me sad to hear of women talking negatively about it.... Don't know if I could do the surrogate thing though... After feeling that baby pushing and kicking in me for 9 months and going through labor... Just don't think i could hand it over!
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 3:12 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• MANY women feel this way, especially with natural births.
    Mother Nature/God designed for us to have a wonderful surge of hormonal bliss and feelings of empowerment with childbirth.

Your reaction seems more like The Norm to me, lol! ;-D

I have hoped to become a surrogate someday. Check out the Cafemom groups if you're really interested~ they are so great!!
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:16 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Hmm, just a random suggestion, if you decide surrogacy isn't for you (or even if it is) maybe you could participate in the "bith high" of other people's births like by becoming a doula or midwife. :)
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:36 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Yep I LOVE labor and birth :) I want to surrogate too, and still have some more of my own... but I also want to foster and adopt! Soooo many kids!!
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 7:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I would be surrogate, I liked being pregnant for the most part but becoming attached to a child that wasn't mine is a concern and I wouldn't be a very good candidate - due to medical reasons I can not have a vaginal delivery. My first child was born via emergency c-section and my second was a planned c-section.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2010