should i tell my boyfriend, or not??

my ex texted me yesterday, told me he was thinking about me and was still in love with me. me and my current boyfriend are very honest with each other and he tells me if any of his ex's text him, and i do the same. but im not sure if i should tell him this time.. he hates my ex with a passion, and this would throw him over the edge. what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• if you believe that there is total honest with your current, than yes I would tell him.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Dont look for trouble from that looser. Block him, ignore him, change your number. But dont buy into this with him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Don't burn bridges!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• If you already know he's going to lose it if he find out why would you want to invite that kind of drama into your life? Tell your ex to get lost and don't mention it to your current.

Mommy4000

Answer by Mommy4000 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I think you should let the ex know you do not want to disrespect your SO by talking to him, with him saying all he is saying, and you would like it if he did not contact you anymore.

that way you can tell your SO and say you dealt with it so he won't be texting you any more

that way SO feels more trust with you, more like you will protect his feelings, and happy that you handled it so he didn't have to
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• If you gotta question it THAN DON'T DO IT!! I wouldn't do it......................
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 1:02 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I don't know if this is the RIGHT advice... but I think this is what I would do. If you love your current BF and want to stay with him, tell the ex to never contact you again, block him, ignore any further communication from him. I wouldn't tell my SO, but I wouldn't hide it if it came up. If the ex keeps trying to contact you, then tell your BF. He should know. Good luck! Oh, and by all means do NOT let the ex flatter you!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:39 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Tell him. He would probably be outraged (and would think you were trying to hide something suspicious) if he ever found out later. Complete honesty. If he can't handle it, then you don't really want him anyway.
    LindyCam

Answer by LindyCam at 1:46 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I have this problem with my SO and my Ex-husband. My Ex has done that and i've seriously considered not being honest with SO because it isn't worth the problems it causes. But, we work on a 100% honest system as well and there aren't any exceptions. So when my ex called me saying he missed me and he will never love anyone as much and he needs me, I prepared for my SO's reaction and told him. He lost it and started screening my phone, acting all sorts of crazy. He got over it in about a week and at the end of it... I hold my head high knowing that I've held up my end of the deal in being 100% honest, even when I didn't want to. I would never and will never keep anything of lie to my SO. He is worth being honest with and my relationship with him is worth it too. GL
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Tell the ex not interested and stop contacting you, block him then tell current man that you did all these things.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2010