Do you ever just get so sick of yourself?

I'm about done with my face right now. I've had terrible acne since my youngest was born and not a thing I do will help. You name it, I've tried it! I'm so sick of my face, I hate looking at myself. I hate going into public. I hate being around my husband for that matter, with or without make up, because it's still quite noticeable with makeup on. Does anyone ever feel this way? What do you do to bring yourself back up? I'm so depressed about this, I feel like never leaving the house again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• as a teen i got horrible acne

natural is the way to go when nothing else works, just think of all of the chemicals regular soap has

go get a natural bar soap and an defoliant towel. combine and rub in circles on your faces. It will feel rough at first but when you get out of the shower you will notice your face feels clean and fresh. give it a couple weeks and your skin will clear up

fyi-i had acne all over my chin and nose and body acne so it worked really well for me so i like to pass that trick along. It also is working for my sister, she gets acne along her forehead, she plays soccer and sweats a lot, it has helped her.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:16 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Proactiv
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I have a little tube of stuff that dries up blemishes, so I put it on then put makeup over it which makes me feel more pretty.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Op here, tried it, doesn't work. Thanks anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Op here, Txdaniella, what is it? Does it make your makeup come off easier?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• There is a pill you can get from your physician that will clear it right up. Dont remember the name of it off hand. Dont let this drag you under, we all have something that we wish we could change about ourselves. Just make a decision that you dont want to live like this anymore and go after whatever it is you need to change. Easier said then done, but in this case you just might be surprised!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Accutane is the oral medication. Tretinoin(the generic retin-a) has worked wonders for me.

As for the feeling...hell yeah, I feel it a lot. I'm 50lbs heavier than I was when I got pregnant with my first. I was too skinny back then and don't want to ever be that thin again, but I lost 35lbs of it before I had my second and was sssoooo happy with my shape. Now I can't stand to look at myself. I go to the gym 3-5 days a week, and it's coming off, but it's slow going. I get so frustrated and depressed I want to just say 'f*ck it' and give up a lot! I just do my best to push through it.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 1:09 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Have you spoken to a doctor?  There are prescription creams that are stronger than over the counter.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2010