Well said

I was just watching an interview with the head of the VISA company and he said that the american culture is mostly based on mediocracy. He explained that only an american would buy a new TV when he already has one just because the new one looks nicer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, not well said.
    ATU2012

Answer by ATU2012 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Hey ATU, how many TV's do you have?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• LOL! I agree in some ways, but to be fair it's not just the way it looks. It also has to do with the "new features", they bring in the customers. Alot of people want "the best" and "the newest"! It's a status thing.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• The guy at VISA is laughing his ass of right now. So it's true what he said. Americans are so gullible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• The best and the newest puts you in the status of dumm and idiot looser.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• me·di·o·cre
       /ˌmidiˈoʊkər/ Show Spelled[mee-dee-oh-ker] Show IPA
    –adjective
    1.
    of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.
    2.
    rather poor or inferior.

This statement is not correct because of the definition of mediocre. To buy a new TV just because you want another one isn't mediocre.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I am that way with new computers. But see I only have had laptops and they get slow if you use them half as much as I do. So I get newer better looking ones every few years just so I dont get irate and break it because it is taking way too long to load. LOL ya'know on bad days of course when im in a hurry
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:46 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• SaraP, you are mediocre because you didn't understand what the guy said. The mediocrity of the american people is in the fact that they will buy something that they do not need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• If you want to argue that then one could say that this guy is mediocre because he's trying to call the American people stupid.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I agree that American culture is based on mediocracy. Not because people buy new TV's but because of the education system in America and parents who care too much about making their children happy or are just too lazy to expect anything more. Expectations are low and people are only going to rise as high as they need too. I think expectations need to be raised - I definitely have (realistically) high expectations for my children and so far, they've met them.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 12:50 AM on Jun. 2, 2010