If a mother feels that she is not ready to be a parent, she has the option to abort. Why is it that if a man feels he's not ready to be a parent, he is forced into it anyway.

He has no say if the mother decides to keep it and will be responsible for the child even if he didn't want to. but if the woman didn't want the baby, she just aborts and it's over. Also, if the father DOES want to be involved in the child's life but the mother wants to abort, he has no say in that either. it seems that bringing children into this world is a little one sided.. when it really takes 2 to create. what are your opinions on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• well if a man does not want to become a father he should use a condom....

i wonder if a man can take a woman to court to stop the abortion of his child???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• maybe he should keep his dick in his pants. then he wouldn't have to worry about paying for an unwanted baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• The unfortunate reality is that it is "a little one-sided" because only one of us actually carries the child. It's not necessarily fair, it's just the way things are. Also, I would have more sympathy for men if they were the ones using birth control.....
    Anonymous

• If either person is not ready for a kid, they should not be having sex. Sex is for reproducing. Masturbating is for sexual release. When both people consent to the sex, they are consenting to whatever consequences (blessings) happen.

It is ultimately up to the woman because it is her body. I'd be damned if someone made me get a abortion because they weren't ready. In that case, the man should not have had sex with the woman.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 1:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• :23 #1::Maybe the "mother" should keep her legs closed. Then SHE wouldn't have to worry about an unprepared for pregnancy. EVERYONE knows sex causes babies. Don't want babies? Don't have sex. Simple right?
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:26 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• it is one sided in the fact that women are the ones who must give their bodies in order to bear a child and men do not. but I disagree, men do have a choice! They can walk away as soon as child is conceived and sign away rights as soon as child is born and never have to lay eyes on said child. Women have to birth it and hand it over to another if they do not want it.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:27 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

_____________________________________________

I absolutely agree. I don't think women should be out there creating babies just to suck them down the sink. But the question wasn't about abortion being right or wrong. It was about a mans lack of choice in deciding if he wants a baby. And his choice starts the moment he agrees to bed down with some slut went he has no intention of being a parent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I doubt anyone is having sex for the sole purpose of procreating. Sex is fun. Even birth control isn't 100% effective, and there are women out there who will lie about using protection just to trap a man. I don't like how things are, but at the same time a woman shouldn't have to carry a pregnancy she doesn't want. It's such a gray area for me and I'm torn. A man does have the option of signing away his parental rights if he isn't ready to be a father.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My opinion is they are both at fault, including the man, for not taking proper precautions to preventing the pregnancy. He could always use a condom if he is not ready, help her pay for BC, etc... but if he doesn't then his next step should be making sure he only has sex with someone who he respects and loves, or cares about because that way he CAN HAVE A SAY
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:35 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• A man does have the option of signing away his parental rights if he isn't ready to be a father. - No he doesn't. If she's keeping the baby, he's paying support for 18-21 years. He can only terminate his right's if she's allowing the child to be adopted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jun. 2, 2010