Son's dad is illegal. Does this sound wierd?

Don't know where to put this but here goes.

Please no bashing. There is no need. I acknowlege that this isn't right and we need ways to help around this. My son's dad came here on a visa and stayed here past the expiration date from what I was told. Anyway, his brother is a US citizen(brother was born here, not him), and our son is. I don't understand why he isn't making an effort to get papers. He is seriously the only illegal person in his family. I know it takes time and money. Is it that hard? I'm a citizen myself so I know nothing about the process of it. He thinks that if we get married he'll magically be legal but I call BS on it. Do you know anyone who has been through this process? The situation is infuriating me. We are in such a rut. It's a hole we've been stuck in forever....:-/

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 2:04 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't wanna sound BASHY.... but shouldn't this be his #1 priority? I hope u aren't seriously considering marrying someone who cares so little about his son. If he were arrested for jaywalking or a speeding ticket and was deported, it could be MONTHS before your son and him could talk, he'd be like a stranger. I'd make him figure it out himself and grow up during the process. It's lengthy, scary, expensive, time consuming, etc..... but so is being kicked out of the US on a permanent basis
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:09 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• get a lawyer he will def. walk you through the process.GL
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:11 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• in arizona if you get married to a citizen and you are illegal you become LEGAL. ive known many people that do it. either way it is done, it needs to be done, you dont want to see your family split up because of this. it is a long process but should be done.
    fyi it would not be months before you saw him if he got deported... here in arizona they are usually back the day of or day after they get deported.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2010