UN-elective c-section Mommas....

do you not just want to wring the necks of the c-section bashing Moms? Not all of us did it in order to be skinny to attend an upcoming party or as a convenience to deposit the baby w/ a nanny and hurry back to work. WTF is the cruelty about? I am baffled....

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:15 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes yes we are lazy and sit and eat bon bons allll day..pppfffttttt and LOL as well to the hurry back to work. I think that when someone choses to have an elective scetion they have no idea what they are in for. Mine wqas so so painful and the recovwery was hell on earth. we talked about having another but i am so afraid of the repeat c section I am thinking we are done with babies lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• people are uneducated. My first was an emergency c-section due to the breaking my water and the baby going into distress. I had only dilated to a 3 after 4 days of labor.
    the following c-sections were because i have what they call an "unproven cervix"

I would have loved to have a baby the "normal" way. My body just didn't work that way.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I must have missed something, didnt see bashing on this topic and I have never been bashed. I had to have a section to save my sons life and honestly I dont care what people think or say about it lol. really dont care...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I don't really care what they say. I had a c section because my baby was transverse (sideways) and would not turn. It's basically impossible to birth a 9 lb sideways baby, lol. I'm a sahm, my child has never even been with a babysitter, let alone a nanny. And it just so happens that I ended up loving my c section. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• hurry back to work? Whattttt it took me a while to recover ive never heard of that one.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• lol to loving "its basically impossible to birth a 9lb baby sideways' come on you know you were just lazy lol I pushed out 4 kids sideways and one was eating a 6 ft sub...hee hee......
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• lol to loving "its basically impossible to birth a 9lb baby sideways' come on you know you were just lazy lol I pushed out 4 kids sideways and one was eating a 6 ft sub...hee hee......"

LOL, you're right. You got me...I'm just lazy. After all, I AM a SAHM. We're all lazy, didn't you know? :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:24 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Bearsjen, you don't necessarily have to have another c-section. Check out ican-online.org. The hardest part is finding a doctor who will back you up. :)
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 2:34 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I have been around cafemom for a long time, in pregnancy groups, and haven't seen this~ But I don't join the "drama" groups, either...
    :- /

Best wishes to all the moms in their efforts for health & safety & happiness!!

:-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:02 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I havent experienced any bashing or read about it. But then again i hated my c-sections and can agree with those that look down upon elective c-sections. Of course emergency c-sections happen! My first was an emergency c-section but after all these yrs(4) i finally realized the whole scenario at the hospital was just wrong and set me up for one. If i had been educated about birth i would have been able to birth my son vaginally. I did dilate to 9cm. And my dr was an idiot! My 2nd child was a planned VBAC, it didnt happen because i had unexpected bleeding and my OB(dif one) suggested c-sec to be safe. I bawled like a baby and after c-sec found out i had minor placenta previa. So my choice to do repeat c-sec was a lifesaver to both baby and me. But i do think women should be more informed before being so quick to choose repeat c-sections. Of course emergency ones are the exception. When i have next baby, will be VBAC attempt.
    NathansMommy218

Answer by NathansMommy218 at 4:21 AM on Jun. 2, 2010