have you ever tried to commit suicide?

are you TRULY better now?
how long has it been?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Health

• When I was 15 I tried to hang myself - the tree branch broke
    When I was 16 I ate 2 big bottles of pain killers - for whatever reason, I just got deathly ill, not dead
    When I was 17 I paid a guy to get me a gun - he took my money and never delivered
    When I was 19 I ate a bunch of pills and cut my wrists - woke up 3 days later, apparently I was to intoxicated to hit the vein

Am I better now? Nope. I'm BiPolar type 2. I'll never be better. The difference is now is that no matter how much I think about it, or how much I want it I know it's the illness and not really that life is hopeless... And I can rationalize things better instead of just believing my own feelings.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:36 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• when i was 15.
    I am 28 now.
    I have to say i am TRULY better now...
    I have to much to live for now to try it again.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:29 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• from ages 14-17 or so I did, many times........ I am 28 1/2 now so been a LONG time. Am I truly better? I s'pose I am. It crosses my mind every now and then but simply is NOT an option. I could never ever leave my kids!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Yeah about 4-5 times between the ages of 13 and 16. And once more while struggling with PPD on top of regular deression. Am I truly better? No. I'm on anti-depressants to even me out. I wouldn't/couldn't kill myself because I know the life my baby would be subjected to without me. I don't know as I ever will "truly be better", I just take it one day at a time and remind myself there are things worth living for. Even if I'm stuck in my bed all day it is better then not being here for my child at all. For me it is something I have to work through sometimes moment by moment, sometimes breath by breath but I WILL work through it and fight. I NEED to be here for my son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I have been hospitalized three times for attempts between the ages of 13 and 18. It is still something I struggle with but now that I have kids it is a lot easier to make the choice not to do it. They need me and my husband needs me. I am going to start seeing a professional again and maybe get some antidepressants. I haven't been on any in about 5 years and I think it is about time as I am getting the feelings much more often now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Jun. 2, 2010