Announcing Pregnancy via Facebook Status Update?

Do you think it is tacky to announce to all our family and friends that we are expecting another baby via facebook status update? Everyone we know is on facebook, and it would just be an easy way to tell everyone; something along the lines of "Mikey is going to be a big brother!". But of course we would tell our parents and the people we are really close to personally, before the status update.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Not really. I announced it to most of my friends that way. I of course told my parents and husband immediately, and not on FB, but I think it's a funny way to announce it to others. It's also a heck of a lot easier than calling each and every person.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• No do it how you want to do it!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I personally think it is weird, especially if its an announcement on your status. I told everyone either on the phone or in person, but that's just me.

If you like putting it online instead do what you have to do
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i think its a great way..because ya always know theres gonna be someone ya missed in the phone calls..just be prepapred for all the people saying "ohhhh put pics of your belly up!!" every week!! lol my friend just had a baby yesterday and was updating her progress via facebook!! lol..it was awesome!!!! i live an hour away, and dont drive, so i woulda been there if i couldve! but i couldnt, so the facebook updates were awesome!!!! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:12 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• As long as you tell the really important people on the phone or in person first, I think it's fine. When I think of my friends list... I mean, parents, siblings, in laws (just parents and siblings there too) and maybe one or two close cousins.. One or two close friends... Other than that, i'm all about the status update!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I told my friends and far away family Via Myspace... and told my mom in person and she just told the whole world lol
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 3:58 AM on Jun. 2, 2010