is this cheesy/tacky?

Doing your children's names in alphabetical order?
IE...

Autumn age 9
Brady age 7 1/2
Cassidee age 6
Devin age 5
Ellis age 3 1/2
Fawn age 20mos
and baby due any day now Gretel or Gretchen (will decide after seeing her)

My MIL is horrified but obviously w/ baby # 7 we don't think breaking the chain is fair to her. Megan, Jessica, Lisa, etc take her out of the special thing w/ the other kids. MIL doesn't agree and it's causing conflict w/ my husband. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh and congrats :)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2010

• what about
    Gianna
    Gina
    Gabriella
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• maybe it isn't the letter so much as the name...
    I say do as you will, she will get used to it.
    My DH's grandmother claimed she was only going to call my 3rd son by his middle name (Aaron) because she hated his first name (Mikhail). But 21months later she refers to him by Mikhail.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Oh by the way not that you asked for a name suggestion but... I have always loved Givanna
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i think its probably the name selection because it obviously wasn't a problem with the first 6

go with a name he likes, he has a say so as well, after all you dont want him to dislike the name of his own child
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:33 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I think it's kind of cheesy, but it seems like a silly think to get bent out of shape about. By your 7th child, you would think your MIL would be over it by now.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I think it's kind of neat. It's better than having rhyming names, like a friend of mine wants to name her kids. =)
    And I personally LOVE the names Gretel and Gretchen, but make sure that your husband agrees. I wouldn't worry about your MIL. It's not her child. I don;t even know that people would realize most of the time that they are in ABC order.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• ...its just a name.
    everyone gave me grief over naming my twins Taden Maximus and Tyler Matthias (same intials obviously)
    have you tried to explain to your MIL that its special to you? Gretchen is a strong name, so, I'd say go for it. who cares.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2010