Have you ever stolen anything or has your teen???

I did once not proud at all actually I was mortified when they called my parents and I had to go to this "youth court " thing it was horrible and i learned my lesson(community work service and i hated being grounded with all that damn time to think) and have not stole anything at all since then...it was at Fred Meyers they catch 90%+ of shoplifters they claim.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes I had a very active shoplifting phase from 13-17. My mother taught me how to get away with it. I am talking computers, clothes, video game systems, etc. I could make out with 2000 worth of stuff in one trip. I learned eventually that it was not a good thing to be doing as an adult and now my kids will NOT go shopping alone with my mother.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:04 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Yes, I had a stealing problem as a child but either never really got caught at it or when I did just got quick punishments for it and then would go right back to stealing again. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I couldn't help myself.
    It carried over into my adulthood and I began stealing from my jobs, but didn't get caught until I was an assistant manager to one job and I was watched over several months without my knowing. I was caught after stealing from the deposits and the thefts added up to $2,000 plus change in total. I was arrested and released on my own cognizance and appeared in court a year later. In the meantime, I had a baby and she was 7 weeks old on my court date on Friday, January 13, 1989. I got 30 days in jail waived and 1 year on probation.
    I have never, ever stolen anything since the day I was arrested. I literally had the bad habit scared right out of me...praise God!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Anon :01 again...
    I want everyone who has a stealing problem to know that I now have a Class C Felony on my record and it is extremely difficult for me to get a decent job.
    If the application asks if I have been convicted of a felony within the past 10 years, I can honestly answer no because that is as far back as they will do a background search.
    But if the application asks if I have EVER been convicted of a felony, then I have to answer yes because they will do a background check on a person all the way to their 18th birthday. It takes time, but if they hire you and the results come back with a record that shows you lied, they will fire you on the spot. That's another blemish on your employment record.
    Of course, when I answer yes, I never get hired, even when they have the statement that they don't determine hiring you on that alone....bullcrap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• You got lucky that you got caught you learn your lesson.

I have a sister that had a stealing problem as a kid and Now she knows how to work the system. Her kids have learn the same and they are always in trouble.
    Her daughter is going to jail in a few weeks for two months and she thinks she did nothing wrong! It is always some else fault. They do not understand why the family has cut them off.
    VERY SAD.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

my situation was the same as yours only my mom didnt teach me how I started when i was 13 stopped at 15 (when I got pregnant) and me and my ex friend used to go in together and take anything we needed or wanted
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 10:23 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i did but my friend that worked at the store told us we could so in my eyes it made it okay. I know that it wasnt..even at the time, i knew that it wasnt. He would let us come in the store with our book bags though and take whatever we wanted. I've never taken from anywhere else
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Often as a teen. Not since I was 17ish. Not intentionally anyways. Once my, at the time 1 1/2 year old, son was playing with a pair of sunglasses he'd snagged off a display and we returned them to Clairs after we noticed he had them in his stroller in the next store at the mall.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2010