daughter 15 months old sleep walking?

anyone have a child sleep walk often? my daughter is a crazyyy sleeper, she moves so much in her sleep upside down sideways bottom of the bed all over. she talks in her sleep, laughs in her sleep, and last night i woke up in the middle of th enight and i always make sure she is ok if i wake up, well i woke up and she was no where in site! i started panicking went to get off the bed to look for her, and shes sitting on ground staring into space for a few minutes then suddenly falls to her side and falls asleep..

are these signs shes going to be a sleep walker? i worry she will do this and get into something she shouldnt ....what can i do to fix this? LOL

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:21 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was afraid my son would be a sleep walker. Every male on m dad's side of the family sleep walks. My son has night terrors, but doesn't sleep walk yet.( He's 4.)

You definately need to work on making sure your house is extra safe. People can walk outside when they sleep walk, so get those chain locks & put them way out of her reach on all your outside doors. Before you go to bed, make sure all toys are picked up so she has nothing to trip over. I would probably unhook water supply to bath tub before going to bed. That way she can't run herself a bath & possibly drown...Just look through your house and make sure it's safe for her.

I'm not trying to scare you. Like I said, I thought my son would be a sleep walker so all this stuff went through my head. I worried myself sick. But as far as I know there's no way to stop it. You can see a sleep specialist just in case I'm wrong, though. But in the mean time I'd go ahead &
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 8:46 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• take all necessary precautions. Good luck!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 8:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I am a sleep talker, and used to sleep walk. There is no "fix" that I know of. Just make sure the house is safe and make sure she CANNOT get out. There were several instances where I tried to walk out of our house, a hotel, etc and probably would have if someone wasn't there to stop me. You'll have to wait until she is older to see if this continues, but for now, I agree with renea20- make the house as safe and sleep walker-proof as you can to minimize the chance of injury.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 9:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My 8 y/o sleep walks. I just try a figure out why he is "awake", help him, and put him back in bed. He talks, laughs, cries and screams in his sleep. As of right now usually the only reason he sleep walks is having to go to the bathroom. Put a gate in her doorway and I was told not to try and wake them up just put them back in bed. Sleep walking runs in my moms family.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Stack baby gates in her doorway to keep her in her room and proff her room. Also they have these mats that set off an alarm on if they are touched (mainly used to keep dogs off couches) put that in front of her door.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2010