Dose your hair fall out?

My hair falls out like im shedding.....it clogs the drains and its gross. I eat healthy for the most part, i dont smoke and i dont drink. My hair has always fallen out like that and i am not sure why. Im dont losing hair like a bald person or anything either.....the hair just grows back i guess. Anybody else have this issure?

MommyTurtle1985

Asked by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Health

• We all shed to make room for new hair, but maybe you should check for any deficiency.

Answer by older at 7:56 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Yep, we all shed hair everyday, but when you have longer hair or really thick hair, it can look like you're shedding way more than you actually are. However, like older said, if you are experiencing other symptoms or are just concerned that something may be wrong, it can't hurt to speak to your doc about your concerns. Sometimes and underactive thyroid, even slightly underactive, can cause you to lose more hair than usual.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Have you given birth or had a major illness or death in the family in the past 6 months or so? If yes, then it is normal. Your hair stopped growing when you went through that traumatic event and it takes like 3-6 months for it to actually fall out. If it has been a year plus though since a traumatic event or there wasn't one, then you should go see your doctor.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:04 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• On average we lose over 100 hairs a day. It's nothing to worry about unless you start feeling bald spots, but i've always shed like that too and I've got a ton of hair!
    To lessen the hair in your drain though, brush your hair before you get in the shower, that way it releases most of the lose hairs into your brush and you don't end up with a clogged drain :)
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I'm in your shoes - I lose hair like you wouldn't believe. But, I have very fine hair and a LOT of it, which is why. I've asked my Dr about it and was told that there wasn't anything to worry about it, since there wasn't any other symptoms of anything else.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i shed ALOT.... lol i have semi-long thick, curly hair... i also dont shampoo my hair everyday... but i do condition it every time i wet it... i also brush it out in the shower...
    chiana

Answer by chiana at 9:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I was losing hair 10 months after I had my son. My hairdresser told me it was a problem, so I talked to my Dr. He said it was a horomone imbalance, and that if it was still doing it in 3 months to come back and we would try horomone therapy. If you've had any kind of stressful event over the last year, don't worry. It can pass. But if it's done it continuously, you might check with your Dr. You really shouldn't notice your hairloss. Since mine fell out like crazy, I have all sorts of flying, loose, little baby hairs along my hairline that poke out at me and REFUSE to lay down. *rolls eyes*
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My hair falls out, like I am shedding only when I am on the pill. When I am not on it, sure I still have hair fall out but not tons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Actually, it doesn't always grow back. Are you getting bald spots? Check into Alopecia. It's unexplained hair loss. An underactive thyroid is a contributing factor and can be ruled out (or in) with a simple blood test.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2010