Did your doctor tel you , youwere having a boy and it was actually a girl? I know it would be very hard to miss understand that but, just wondering!

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 8:24 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is not hard to misunderstand that. Up until about 16 or 17 weeks gestation the male and female genitalia look the same.. If the ultrasound was done to early or if your due date is off, it can and does happen. My SIL was told she was having a girl and it turned out to be a boy.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I was told my son was a girl at 16 weeks. As midnightmama said, if the US is too early it's almost impossible to tell. I don't know anyone who's had a later US that was told they were having a boy then had a girl, but I do know of a few that were the other way around (told they were having a girl then had a boy).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:34 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I'm on #5 and the ultrasound has been right on for the first 4, hoping it is for this one too - since everything is pink!

Answer by missanc at 8:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• when i found out i was pregnant i just new i was having a girl my something was just telling me i was having a girl and yes i did have a girl who is 3 yrs old now and my joy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I had found out at my 20 week ultrasound with both my kids that they were girls. I remember my grandmother telling me they used to predict the gender based on the baby's heart rate. She had her kids in the 50's and she said she'd make fun of the doctor's because they attempted to predict gender, they told her she was having a boy and she had a girl, then with #2 said a girl and she had a boy, so with her last two she just went with the opposite of what they said and she was right. They said #3 was a boy and it was a girl and that #4 was a girl and it was a boy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Not me but my aunt was told she was having a girl and had a boy then with baby #3 was told it was a boy and she was a girl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I was told a boy at 14 wks. I had a boy.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• If the ultrasound is done too early and is a 2d it can be inaccurate. 3d/4d are usually more accurate early on. I was never given one and told the gender before 22 weeks just because my doctors like to play it safe I guess. Mine have all been correct.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 5:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2010