I dont know what to do??? Maybe TMI

Monday night into tues I was in the hospital for a inducion (metical reasons). Since by last night I was still only 3-4 cen. and the contractions had stoped, they gave me the choice to either rupture my membrains and risk a c-section or just go home and come back Thur morning at 5am. I chose to go back thur because I dont want to have to have a c-section. Starting around noon yesterday I started having a bloody show but they werent worried cuz it was minnimal and my water hadnt broke. When I just went to the bathroom to pee, i realized I had lost my mucus plug. Im not sure what I am sappose to do?

nikkik526

Asked by nikkik526 at 8:50 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can lose the plug at anytime. Some just before labor begins others weeks before. You don't have to do anything yet, it is not a sign of labor. When you start having contractions or your water breaks; that's when you do something. You will have that baby soon, try to relax.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• You don't have to do anything. Your body is working as it should. You don't have to go rushing in with the first sign of contractions. Of course it does depend on what your medical reasons are. If it was me, I would call my doctor and give him/her the news with an I just wanted to let you know attitude. I'm in the show up at the hospital pushing crowd so they can't possibly give you an unnecessary cesarean. But since I don't know your medical condition that might not be the best for you.  Good luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Yep! Just breathe! Baby will be here sooner than you can imagine, but on his/her own time. The plug loss is normal, I lost mine 3 days before labor started. You're lucky they sent you home, my OB would have scheduled a c-sect anyway. Just relax, put your feet up, and enjoy a nice bowl of ice cream in the quiet. Won't be quiet much longer! ; )

Midnightmoma is right, when you start having contractions, monitor them. When they're about 10 minutes apart, call your OB. Also, if your water breaks, and you aren't contracting and don't start contracting within a few hours, call your OB. The wait's almost over, sister! Chin up! ; )

Congratulations!!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:14 AM on Jun. 2, 2010