what should i do (asking again)?

i went to my ob today cuz i was spotting dark brown discharge. she said i have a closed cervix (good from her), im 12.2 weeks. they had me do a ultrasound. when they were done they said my ob would call me. they left some of the pics up, from what it looked like my child was there still, but they wouldn't give me any info. i called at 3pm and the reseptionist said that my ob would call me, she never did and the office is closed (i'm totally freaking out) cuz i'm a high risk pregnancy. any one know what i should do?

lilbabimama22

Asked by lilbabimama22 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you're ob should have an emergency or after hours number, call there. you may be able to talk to someone, or they may tell you to go to the hospital?? i dunno hun, good luck, hope everything is okay!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• well the bleeding stopped which is good. im just worried, cuz i'm such a high risk.
    lilbabimama22

Answer by lilbabimama22 at 9:08 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• good the bleeding stopped... worrying and stressing over something you dont even know if you should be worrying about can only make things worse, try to relax.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• believe me i'm trying i guess im just letting my nerves get to me. i hate this!
    lilbabimama22

Answer by lilbabimama22 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Brown discharge is probably old blood being released. If your baby wasn't alive I believe they would have informed you right then. Your cervix being closed is a good thing. Why are you high risk?
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:43 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• please keep us updated!! Good Luck!!!
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 9:46 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Be patient. Your oB will call you. By law the ultrasound tech is not supposed to tell you anything. Their job is to simply take the measurements. Sounds crazy I know, but they can get in big trouble if they say anything. My guess is the dark brown discharge is old blood. Your cervix is super sensitive right now so if your doctor checked you, you might bleed from it. It's not anything to be concerned about. Relax as much as you can. I was high risk too and my OB is a specialist so he kept me informed of everything. They should call today.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Crazy I had this very same thing happen to me at 12w2d. I'm now 14w4d with a baby I can feel move from time to time.

I'm high risk too since this is my 4th pregnancy proceeded by 2 miscarriages (2nd and 3rd pregnancy) and one premature birth (1st pregnancy). I also had bright red bleeding to go along with it and everything is ok with me. I know my friend, who was also high risk because of having parts of her cervix removed due to cancerous cells and having IDA, was told by her doctor that many times women will have old brown blood discharge around the end of the 3rd month for no real apparent reason.

If your cervix is closed that is very good news. Also in my experience if they don't clear the screen before you see it, the baby had a regular heartbeat and was doing good.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i finally got a cal from my ob at like 3pm. they said everything with my baby is going well and come to find out i'm only 6w2d. i find out later this week if i start my heprin shots. and my 1st prenatal visit is on tuesday.
    lilbabimama22

Answer by lilbabimama22 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• How the heck could you mistake a baby by 6 weeks? Was the doc able to see a heartbeat? I am not trying to sound negative but there is a HUGE difference between 12 weeks and 6 weeks!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2010