Do your teens have a curfew? If yes, what time?

My sister has a 16 year old daughter who has a curfew and non of her friends do, which makes it really hard on her. I just can't believe all the parents that let their teens stay out as late as they want.

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 9:15 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't have a teen but it hasn't been that long since I was one. I didn't have a curfew because I wasn't really allowed out. When I was allowed out it was at a friends house under the supervision of parents so they knew where I was and when I would be home, which I usually spent the night. Only a few select times was I able to go to the movies or something of that sort and the time I would be home was worked out before time. I am glad my parents did things this way.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Our 19 yr old has to be home by 1AM & he stops by our room at night to let us know he's home.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My DD is 17 and her curfew is 10:30. I know it is time to change it, she graduates tomorrow and starts college in August but not sure what time to extent it to LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My 17 yo dd has a curfew of 11 pm on weekends, 10 on school nights. It can be later if she is going to an event, concert or something special. She also has to be off the computer by 1030- 11 on weekends. No need to be on that thing all night!!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Well, in all honesty all teens have a legal curfew that dependent on where they live and its usually between 10 am and 1am. So you can tell your niece that her friends risk the chance of getting into some serious legal trouble staying out too late. When I was a teen though, I had a midnight curfew. That was the legal time for the area I lived in.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:24 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Our kids will have a curfew of 9pm on weeknights and 11pm on weekends unless there's something else going on that might extend longer like an event or whatever they're into.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:36 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• 16 year old girl- 9pm on weekdays and 11 on weekends, if I know where she's going and with who. Only overnights if I talk to the other girl's parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Kids need curfew!!

My SIL was date raped because the guy new she did not need to be home. I think that is way she had LOTS of sex in her teens.

What else is there to do after 10pm when you are under age?

Her son had curfew, she new better.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My sons have always had a curfew. From 8th-10th grade they had to be home immediately following any after school activitites, they didn't go out on school nights and on weekends anywhere they went on weekends we took them to and we picked them up from. For the 2 who waited until they graduated high school to drive that rule applied until they graduated, we didn't allow our teens to drive anywhere with other teens or parents. For the 2 who began driving the summer before the 11th grade their weekend curfew was 11p as Juniors and midnight as Seniors (on non-school nights only) and on school nights they had to be home by 8 as Juniors and by 9 as Seniors. At 18 and 19 and being recently graduated our sons have to be home by 12-1a though most of the time they are home on their own by 11.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• to be honest at that age, unless they are seeing a movie there IS NOTHING appropriate for them to be doing out except getting into trouble, which is why nothing past 10 would be acceptabel for someone of that age.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:11 AM on Jun. 2, 2010