How can I teach my kids to whisper?

My kids are 2 1/2 and almost 4 and they are l-o-u-d. We have a new baby at home who is "high-needs" (basically really needy) and a little colicky.
Sometimes we have trouble getting her to sleep and the kids often wake her up with their yelling and arguing. Even screaming sometimes.
Do you have any suggestiogs with getting the kids to remember to try to use inside voices?

AmandaI1021

Asked by AmandaI1021 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• sticker chart. Every day they don't yell they get a stick then at the end of the week they get a prize like a balloon or something. after a couple weeks they will be use to talking in lower voices.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I don't know if this is the kind of thing that'll work with your kids, but there's a really cute book called The Whispering Rabbit. It's really cute and might help out a little.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• One of the best ways is for your and your SO to use whispers around them.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I'll check out the book. We do use quieter voices. I started that a few weeks before I gave birth hoping to prepare them for when the baby came.
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• take them to church, and show them how other conversate. They will learn by example! Good luck!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 4, 2010