Looking for advice on traveling with 2 small children. :) (Please read description)

We are taking a 16 hour drive next month, from Georgia to Pennsylvania. Our
girls are 1 and 4.
The 4 year old gets carsick, and requires dramamine, so I'm hesitant to do the 'movie in the car' thing.
Other than the obvious fun stuff, like snacks, music, and a toy bag, does anyone have any advice to help our trip go smoothely?

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 9:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i recently flew all day with twin 2.5 yr olds i didn't have a movie player so all i did was buy a bunch of presents and wrapped them that way throughout the day they had something exciting and new to open and play with also i found great playgrounds for them to get some energy out . have a good trip good luck
    also try gingerale or anything ginger is great for nausea
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 9:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Lots of bathroom breaks with opportunities to stretch thier legs! Other than that and the obvious...there's not much else you can do. We took a trip from CA to IL with our 2 1/2 year old and twin 11 month old boys. I hope I never have to do it ever again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Don't travel straight through, make tour stops and let them run a little.

As for toys, video games, crayons drawing on sticky pads they love putting them all over the windows. For the four year old, alphabet games-color games-number games. I see a ant, book, car, dog, etc., color game-I see a blue car, red car etc. numbers-count the car colors the baby might enjoy too. A must the I see game. I carried a potty seat and wipes, just in case you are in the middle of no where they can do what they must do. books it is a great time to read, and tell stories.

Kids music, they love that. It is going to be very difficult try to be very patient. Best of luck too you.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Whenever we would travel my dad would have us leave at night-- that way the kids would sleep thru most of the trip. When hubs and I travel I make up a 'fun box' with different things in it-- like magnetic car games, color books and crayons, some little toys, a small lego kit, snacks, books... my kids have the nintendo sp and ds, and we pack their favorite games or movie cartridges and they do that.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:09 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Oh yes, and we also take frequent breaks- sometimes just to stretch and potty, other times we will find a park and let the kids run around for a while.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:11 AM on Jun. 2, 2010