What was your life like before your husband? If you had'nt met your dh do you think your life would be the same?

I feel my husband saved me from something bad. It sounds bad but i was stuck in the club lifestyle half way caring for my son..living between my mother and my baby daddy because i was so stupid to carry on fighting with him for so long.

would it have been the same?

I say my dh saved me from something bad because i found myself becoming an alcoholic and my relationship with my ex was starting to become more and more abusive...i probably wouldve ended up in jail or prison...for idk what????

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• There are so many different paths in our lives. I would say had anyone not met thier husband thier lives would be different, either good or bad.
    I'm glad that he's a good influence in your life and that you have a happier live now because of him :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My husband also saved me from a wilder lifestyle but I think my life might have been a little more fun, he's kinda boring, but more responsible than I am.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• my life was very full but somewhat stuck in rut. i had many things going on and enjoyed the single life - space and time to myself to read, do art, etc. nights out with the girls, lots of time doing things like leading a covenant group at church, etc. i was in danger of being out at the bars too much as in the past, so getting together with my husband helped. we do lots of stuff together and continue to grow and change together. there are pros and cons to being single and being married....
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I was just a college kid when I met him. I had a good life as a kid, teenager etc but now that I'm with him and we have two wonderful kids my life is as amezing as anyone's life can ever get. I don't think I would be so happy without him.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 10:21 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I met him after I divorced my ex and was back in school, a single mom with 3 kids. My life would be much more boring! He was 38 and had been enjoying his bachelorhood, had tons of single friends and went out all the time. In comparison, I went to school, to work, and stayed home with my kids. He started taking me out different places and exposed me to new people/situations that I otherwise would not have experienced. He made me remember myself as a woman, not just a mom - and I enjoy that!

Answer by missanc at 10:35 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I met my hubby young and I choose him and kids instead of college. Sometimes I regret that and wished I waited unitl I finished college/ If I had made the school choice I would have graduated by now. but I love my kids and my hubby so and I can always go back
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I was in an abusive relationship when I met my DF....and if I hadn't met him...I would honestly probably be dead right now and who knows what would have happened to my daughter. I was an idiot...and I couldn't get away from what was slowly but surely killing me...and then I met him...and everything changed. I still tell him that he saved my life...literally...if I hadn't met him...I would have stayed stuck in that relationship and my daughter's father I am SURE would have ended up ending my life somwhere down the road. Now I'm happy and have a happy family =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My husband helped me to become the better person that I am today. Although we did have a lot of troubles and it did take a lot of work. I hated myself and was a bit promiscuos because thats all I felt like I was worth to men. I really didnt like who I was. My husband came and loved me like I really needed to be loved. I am now happier then ever. I have great self confidence, and love my life and my kids and see what terrible mistakes I made back then. I am very glad I met my husband, and that he is the stubborn man he is and made me change into the person that I love that I am now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I was ready to settle down by the time I met my husband 3.5 years ago. If I had not met him, I no doubt may have married another man. However, I don't think I could have found someone where we are so well suited to each other and love each other so deeply. There are certain deep connections we have and our families have so much in common. It is rare indeed to find someone that you feel you really fit so well with.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I made porn :) Now my sex life sucks...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Anonymous