Will I get in trouble? DH bought subs on FS.

Normally when we pay for things with food stamps everything that doesn't qualify just comes up separate after we run our EBT card. I sent DH to the store for baby food and to pick up some subs for dinner (which we had cash for) and they all wrung up together. He asked the cashier but he didn't know, he thought maybe it was just hot subs.

I didn't think you could buy "prepared food," is this an exception or are we going to get in trouble. We're very new at this whole FS thing. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You will not get in trouble.

No, if you can't buy it. It won't ring up. I am sorry you are going through hard times.

I wish you the best.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Thank you. It's very tough to even admit we're on FS, but we are very grateful to have them for now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• As long as they weren't hot subs you are fine.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• No, you will not get in trouble don't worry.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• you will not get in trouble. you can buy "prepared food" just nothing from the deli that is cooked.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Thank you for the reply's; I appreciate the info. I must have just misunderstood and it's a lot to take in all at once. Thanks again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jun. 2, 2010