itching....

Two nights in a row my son has woke up stating his back is itching.

Monday night it went on from about midnight until about 3am. We tried everything - changing sheets, changing clothes, benedryl itch cream/spray, and finally a bath. I dont know if the bath helped, but he finally feel back asleep at 3am.

Last night he woke at 11;30 and didn't go back to sleep until about 6:30 or 7am!!! Same thing - his back was itching. We did all the same things and nothing helped for long. We even brought him to our bed and it still bothered him.

He has NO bites, no rash, no sunburn. We have NOT changed laudry soap or bath soap.

What makes this even weirder is that he does NOT complain about itching during the day. Yesterday he didn't say a single word about it. It's only at night. I am physically exhaused - i've gotten about 5 hrs of sleep in the last 48 hours.

I'm clueless.....

MommyToEthan

Asked by MommyToEthan at 10:27 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Health

• He could have developed allergies to the laundry detergent. I have developed one to every kind I have ever used including free and clear stuff and it mostly affects my nose, eyes, calves, and hands. I don't get a rash either, just very itchy in certain spots. His back could just have become sensitive is all I am saying.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:35 AM on Jun. 2, 2010