My 2 yr old....oh my!!!

Ok ladies so I have discovered that the term terrible twos does not even give what my son is doing justice....at about 7pm if we are not home he decides he is the boss and what he says goes, he does not listen any more INFACT he will produce this aweful yelling scream to be heard across town and then starts punching myself and the hubs, now we are usually in a public place when he does this so our dicipline actoins are limited, so what can I do...I have tried to remove him from the situation and that just makes it worse with kicking and screaming like i am hurting him so taking him to the car to calm him down but that gets the same reaction, distractions like going to look at toys and what not does not help either, now I know you might think 7pm is late for him, but even at home he wont act this way and wont go to bed till 8pm so what can I do

Quintensmom

Asked by Quintensmom at 10:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let him kick and scream.

My daughter did that, and she finally realized if I continue to do this I won't go anywhere, I left malls, supermarkets.

People stared at me owell, she learned it take a few times but eventually they decide it is not there way. Don't buy him anything unless he earns it, nip it in the bud or you will have a out of control teen.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Don't take him anywhere after after 7pm. I know it sounds like a bad idea but its the only one I can think of. he might not got to bed unitl 8pm but that doesn't mean he is not tried. Maybe if you wind things down around that time he will settle down
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• only acts like this in evening?
    you are lucky
    my three yr old throws tantrums any time of day
    with the lovely addition of head banging (if someone has given her red #40)

i do the ignore, if in a store, i take her to car=car seat
    we have had to adjust our schedule around her issues

going to the store, anytime of day, is a 90% chance of tantrums, all the stimulation of a store puts her in overload
    distractions are great, but if child is almost "gone" into tantrums, that is not going to work

ignore, head off by not going to store at that time of day
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jun. 2, 2010