ttc

well i have not ovulated in like 1 yr. so next month i planned to start bc to get right bc i have been ttc since my son was 7 months old.. NO LUCK. so this morning i went to the restroom and i was ovulating... I was so excited does/has anyone else every had this happen? if so give me advice.. did you get prego soon after or what

deverrick

Asked by deverrick at 10:35 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Ok...first how do you know that you are ovulating?

Are you using OPKs or are you charting?

If you are using OPKs I would suggest you STOP using them and start charting CM (cervical mucus) because OPKs do not actually detect ovulation. They detect the LH that proceeds it. However, women can sometimes have several LH surges in one month and not ovulate.

Charting CM can predict ovulation and charting Basal Body Temperature will confirm it.
    You can learn about all of this in the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.

Also I would NOT take BCPs in hopes of getting you to ovulate. The hormones in BCPs can take up to 6 months to leave your system which can prevent pregnancy in the months it's taking to leave your body.

I would try Vitex or Fertility Blend (www.fertilityblend.com) to regulate your fertility, get ovulation back on track and help you get pregnant.

These are generally slow working BUT
    Anonymous

• I've read that taking up to 3 times the recommended dose of of Vitex is safe when trying to induce a period to begin a cycle. Then after the period has been induced take half the recommend does to ensure that your luteal phase (the amount of time between ovulation and the next expected period) is defect free.

With Fertility Blend just take the maximum recommended dose.

For what it's worth I was having issue ovulating and took Fertility Blend for 2 weeks, ovulated and got pregnant that cycle with my son.

This time I haven't ovulated since having my son so I started Vitex today to induce my fertility. I started this morning with 800mg but will increase up to 2400mg as long as I continue without side affects until my period is induce.

Good Luck to you!
    Anonymous