Will you leave this earth being proud of how you raised your child?

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 10:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I will. My kids are still 5 and 1 month old but I am proud of the 5-year-old. She's so amazing in every way. She's helpful, understanding, loving, sweet and caring. She even loves volunteering at the homeless shelter. The reason I go is because my daughter wants to. She's amazing in every way. And I am sure the baby will grow to be amazing her own way.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 10:51 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• YES, I will.

Like every other parent we do our best, to teach, love and guide them.

A child will do as they please(you live and learn), no matter what we teach them, how we guide them. It is their life, I just pray they choose the right path and do what is best for them and stay away from negative things and energy.

I know I did my best, when they are adults it is time for them to do what they believe is their best.

You can take a person to water, but they have to drink it!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Absolutely; it's my biggest and proudest accomplishment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• As long as I leave after she is grown, yes.
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Yes.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:57 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I will leave this earth, knowing that I could have done a better job but also very thankful to God that He more than covered the mistakes I made. I am also thankful to Him for the way my children have turned out, because that credit goes to Him and not to me and my husband. While we did the best we knew at the time, there were areas where we could have been wiser and made better decisions had we looked more steadily to God for the answers, rather than making some of those decisions on our own. Thankfully, as our children grew in wisdom and in stature, their parents grew right along side them. We've had to ask forgiveness from our own children for some of the things we did wrong. Also thankfully, they have granted us their forgiveness just as God has. Unfortunately, there is not a manual for parenting other than the Bible, and none of us knows it well enough to get everything right the first time! Fortunately, God knows!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i am human, and honest, so some regrets, not every moment am i at my best
    but i try every day to be my best and am the best mom for my kids,
    God chose me to care for them
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Right now my children are one year and six months old. I definately can be proud of how both of my children have been raised. I can move on knowing that my children are smart, capable, independent little people. They are well mannered and very helpful little people too. I really believe that I have done a swell job thus far. We've had our moments where we aren't the best to one another. Whether I lose my temper or my son or daughter throws a tantrum. But in the end we love each other and I can tell that I am doing a great job just by looking at them. I am their favorite person. I am the one they come to to cuddle, to be read to, to play with, etc. So I must be doing something right if they want to spend everyday with me.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:10 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Without doubt!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:32 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Yes.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:43 AM on Jun. 2, 2010