39 weeks contractions

ok so last night i was having pretty bad contractions 6 minutes apart for 1 hour and a half. For the hour after that they were 3 minutes apart. So I called my husband home from work as I thought it was time, he got home and they quit. Why? How will I know when to go?

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 10:55 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ahh the old false labor contractions. What fun. There's really no way to know for sure. Your best bet is to call your OB first and if he says come in and be checked then call hubby. Hopefully your husband has a forgiving job and his boss knows of your condition. They know that he may need to run off at the last minute and understand that things like this happen. Contractions should get stronger no matter what you do. Braxton hicks will lessen in intensity or go away completely if you change position.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Has your water broken? Have you spoken to your doctor? If you're unsure, they'll let you know whether or not to get to the hospital based on your symptoms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I would've still gone to make sure. OB and nurses always told me if you have more than 6 in an hour, to go anyway.
    They might've just been Braxton Hicks, because labor contractions don't stop. I would definitely call your OB.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• The same thing happened to me! My baby is 3 months now, but when I was 1 1/2 wks before my due date I had been contracting every 3 min for about 2 hrs, finally I decided to call him and ask him to come home because it was making me nervous. The contractions stopped completely about 2 hrs later :( I ended up having her 11 days later (induction)
    Good luck!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 12:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2010