does wal mart accept food stamps?

my husband and I aren't doing so well financially. he only makes enough to pay our rent and bills and I can't work cause we can't afford daycare so we got on food stamps but we don't get that much and we're basically out of food. we just got our card refilled for this month and I want to know if we can use it at wal mart for food because food at wal mart is so much cheaper than a grocery store. also can i use it at BJ'S warehouse so i can buy food in bulk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• yes, walmart does.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• call the stores and they'll let you know. I'm in IL and we use ours at Walmart, Sam's club, Kroger...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I don't know about BJ's but at Walmart, yes they do accept the EBT card.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Yes, you can use food stamps at Walmart, not sure about BJ's.
    I would still call both to make sure.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Yes.

Good luck, I know the feeling when things are down. Keep your head up it will get better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• According to a Boston Hearld News article BJ’s Wholesale Club is now accepting food stamps at all of its locations.  Found that by doing a GOOGLE SEARCH.  As for walmart, a google search didn't help much, however as other have said they accept food stamps. I know that in my next of the woods any place that accpets food stamps has signs on all the doors as you are going in stating they accept food stamps.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Yes wal-mart accepts food stamps/ebt. I'd even look to see if you have an Aldi, Save-a-lot or Price Rite grocery store in your area, they are even cheaper
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• yes Walmart accepts food stamps, most of their employees are on them due to their incredibly low wages. Don't let anyone look down on you for using them, times are tough and you gotta do what you gotta do!
    Anonymous