What makes you a sex addict and when did you know you were one?

I am just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Health

• probably when u are sleeping with different ppl every night and cheating on your spouse
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i'm not one but sex addiction is a serious problem. like alcoholism the person needs sex in order to function and as a result they will go to extreme means in order to get it.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i thought i had a problem with it when i was 16-age19 ...i felt it was all about looking for someone to accept me and love me. I knew i had a problem after my first boyfriend that i had sex broke up with me and i was sleeping with everyone else trying to find the love i had for him. I no longer have problems. Mine may not have been sex addiction but i could relate it to sex addiction...maybe addicted to love.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I would not sleep with another but I love having sex with my man all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• When it was just for the motions of finding a sexual partner, not the sex itself. Sex is pretty unsatisfying but we're always trying to find the satisfaction that never comes. We never attain the intimacy we crave. We don't even look at the faces of the people we're with, it's just the desire to be desired and doing the do...then walking away to the next conquest. It's an adventure that takes us in circles so we never reach our destination. The great thing is that I found a guy who has the same addiction so we have the same unattainable goal but at least we understand each other. This is why we have to have an open relationship. It works for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Usually people with addictions...whatever kind of addiction they may be, are in denial and don't think they have a problem. If sex is ruling over your life, you think about it constantly and your not willing to be somewhat monogamus about it...then I think you have a problem!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• To Anon 10:07 : why did u even answer the question knowing it wasn't pertaining 2 u?
    Anonymous

• I agree with Shay... It usually means ur looking for the love your not getting
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2010