Sleeping through the night?

My girls are 6 mos old and still wake up like 2 or 3 times during the night. How old till they start sleeping through the night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• close to a year
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• It depends on your child. There's really no set age where they'll start to do this...
    My DS finally started sleeping through the night when he was about 15 months, and my DD started sleeping through the night at 2 months. To each their own!
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• When they grow into it. That could be tomorrow. Could be next year. But they sleep pretty well already.

Five hours straight is clinically considered sleeping through the night. Dusk to dawn isn't expected till toddlerhood. It CAN happen...don't EXPECT it.

In fact, for YOU? **grin** Never expect dusk to dawn again...it's the price of motherhood. Something will ALWAYS be keeping you up! (For me it was preps for the 5th grade pool party last night!)

Answer by gdiamante at 11:56 AM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Both my kids were sleeping all night before they hit 3 months old. They were both Dusk to Dawn sleepers lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• all 3 of my kids slept through the night by 2 months old. I was surprised by the 1 year old answer. I would have gone crazy by then.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My son was a 9 to 430 sleeper at 6 weeks old.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My first was 2 before he would sleep 5-6 hours and 4 before he'd do the whole 12 hours (even that is hit or miss these days).
    My second was doing 6 hours at 3 weeks and will only wake once or twice now at 14 months.

They're all different... I'd expect it sometime between 1 and 2.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• All 4 of mine started sleeping 8 plus hours/night by 2 months, 12 plus hours/night by 5-6 months.

Answer by missanc at 6:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• One of my kids started sleeping through the night on his own at 6 months, for the other 2, it was over a year. I did exactly the same with all 3 (co-sleeping, letting them nurse as much as they want).
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2010