I have Bipolar disorder and because of this when my ex and I got a Divorce, we got joined custody..but due to the fact that the house we were living in had to be resided by a town employee, I left the kids with him in the house and their school & friends...this has worked great for 10 years but now the kids are teenagers and dont really want much to do with mom & dad.How do we handle it now? we live half an hour away from each other, the kids always want to be with friends, and I feel

teenagers,bipolar,empty nest syndrome,schedules, divorce

BIPOLAR101

Asked by BIPOLAR101 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Hi! I'm not a teen, but IMO, I think that teens usually don't want much to do with their parents anyway. I wouldn't take it personally.
    Just let them know that you are there for them when they need you. Try to take them out to breakfast or something once in a while. Try to at least have dinner together once a week or so.
    Hope this helps
    Wonder_Woman76

Answer by Wonder_Woman76 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 28, 2008