How do I quit Ameriplan?

I have emailed Ameriplan at the stop@stopmembership.com address with my request to cancel and IBO number, but I haven't heard back nor, have they closed my account. Is there something else I have to do? How long does it take to cancel from the time you send in a cancel request?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• Sounds like it's not the great work at home opportunity that they advertise.
    Anonymous

• OP here - Anon, it's a great company and a wonderful opportunity, however, I am going in to a residential care home for health reasons and could be there for quite some time. So no matter if the company were perfect or not, I would be having to leave. I do plan to come back once my health is under control, but at this point, I simply can't be working from home at all, I have to focus on health...
    Anonymous

• I hope you get better soon!
    Anonymous

• We had to get a new debit/credit card in order for our payments to be stopped. It was really easy, just went to the bank, and requested a new card since we kept being charged from a certain company. They cancelled our existing card and sent us a new one.
    Anonymous

• i had the same issue with melaleuca.. i had to call like 3 times and argue with the people about why i wanted to quit and finally they gave me the address and said i had to send an exact letter stating why and crap..
    Anonymous

• They charge you to work for them?
    Anonymous

• Anon - Most businesses have a small overhead of some kind, Ameriplan is NOT a job. You aren't working FOR them. It's a business franchise and yes, there are fees...

To Op, You should be able to just email them, but I don't know how long it takes to actually cancel.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Is there a phone number on your membership card?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:12 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Typical AmeriScam crap. MLM's are a joke. They try to make you feel good about it by telling you you're a "business owner". Ha! Then they make it nearly impossible to cancel. Good luck with that. Keep after them til they stop charging you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2010