King Tut Exhibit NYC? Have you been?

Just wondering how it was/worthwhile?

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 12:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no,but I'd love to. I love Egyptian stuff. I saw the stuff at Chicago's natural history museum.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I have not been to the one in NYC. However about 12 years ago the exhibit traveled to Cleveland, OH, and we did go there to see it. It was well worth the drive. I'm a huge fan of Egyptian history and it was a really great experience to see these things. If you can go, I recommend you do.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I just saw it in San Fransisco a couple months ago. It was pretty cool. I think it depends on what you like and how much it's worth to you. Tickets are $25 plus I think $7 for the audio tour (which was good to have, but you COULD theoretically get the information from the plaques.) It was stressful for me with a 5-month old (I had to nurse him and change him in the exhibit), so I probably would have enjoyed it more under different circumstances.

The cool thing about it is that you are seeing pieces of history. Not just regular museum stuff: you're seeing items that are in National Geographic and will be in textbooks for maybe hundreds of years. Of course, not ALL of the items are there, like Kind Tuts actual mummy isn't there. I think they divide the artifacts between more than one display. But it's cool to know you saw such epic pieces of history.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I really want to go. I'm in CT....anyone want to go/ meet there?
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2010