What does a "serious" relationship mean to you?

What would you consider a serious relationship? A more initimate stage of dating? How can you tell when you are getting there? When I asked my boyfriend what his definition of serious was, he said that he thinks that it could include living together or an engagement, but that it doesn't necessarily have to have those things...it could just be a more connected dating relationship. I'm curious to know what others think, and how they would classify it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• monogamy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I would say its serious when you've decided that you are not seeing other people and are on the same page regarding your future together, I don't think it necessary means living together or an engagement. It must be mutual. It could mean marriage in a year, 5 years, 10 years, doesn't matter...may even mean no marriage at all.... only the couple can decide. Once you are committed to eachother and again, on the same page about your future, I'd say its serious.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• IMO ... a serious relationship would be one where neither person is interested in dating anyone else and that it is assumed to end in marriage ... or if you are together and have a child together, i would most definatly think that you would be in a serious relationship ( not meaning you OP)
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• To glamomomo, we do have a child together. We talk to one another almost every day, in person or over text message, and I see him 4-5 out of 7 days of the week.
    Anonymous

• You trust and appreciate that person and genuinally love them
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 1:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i agree with everyone else, when you agree to only see each other.
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 2:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• monogamy for sure!
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2010