breastfed vs formula

is there a difference when the babies hit milestones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nursing mothers will say YES and formula feed moms will say NO.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• nope
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Oh for the love of pete............
    Anonymous

• I don't think there is.

Answer by older at 1:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I am a breast feeding mom and I say NO!
    All babies are different, they all hit milestones at different times.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I agree with ruttermama. I had two daughters. One was breastfed for about 3 months then to formula and the other was EBF to 6 months and mostly breastfeed now at 8 months. The only difference I see is the bonding and the attachment to me. The first one isn't really attached and when she started crawling, crusing, and walking, she went exploring without me. The second one is now crawling and crusing and she follows me everywhere. They hit the milestones around the same time (except for the teeth DD1 got them at 7 1/2 months and DD2 is 8 1/2 months with still no teeth).
    janel09

Answer by janel09 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• All babies are different... Both of mine were exclusively breastfed and they hit most of their milestones at different times.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 1:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Without trying to cause controversy, there is good evidence to support the fact that breastfed babies are at an advantage with speech development.
    Obviously that is NOT to say formula fed babies can't speak properly.
    But breastfeeding is shown to help the structure of the mouth and can lead to earlier speech developments.

But crawling, walking, first teeth ect - nothing to do with how they are fed.
    Anonymous

• But breastfeeding is shown to help the structure of the mouth and can lead to earlier speech developments

really? is that why my baby, with an underdevelpoed soft palate , did better with a bottle
    Anonymous

• Im not really sure but maybe somone has studied this and you can google it. Im 100% nursing mom and the only thing Im sure of after doing much research is that breastfed babys are less likely to get certain deseises and infections.
    Anonymous