do you think a woman and a man can be friends?

i dont have male friends that i usually hang around normally, i have male friends that i can be friends from a distance but thats about it. usually im that woman who everyone thinks is hot so men get close for only one thing so i cant imagine being friends with a man.

there's one guy that i knew through my Dad years ago and he added me to facebook and after my sis (who is 10 years younger then him) got her peice out of him, she got all hateful and called him wierd, ignored him, and then deleted him off of FB and also told me to. i didnt do nothing to screw anything up between me and him but he started talking to me in normal conversations on the chat and nothing ever comes up as being sexual or flirty, its all really normal.

so do you think me and him could be friends after all this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't see why not... as long as you two are mutual in feelings and are in equal agreeance that it's strictly platonic.
    I have a guy friend that I can talk to. I've been his friend for years and the conversations or actions have never once strayed towards something that could evolve past platonic. We don't even joke about it. He respects my relationship, and I respect his crazy girlfriends... :]
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Of course men and women can be friends and if you or him are the ones that have that understanding together you may be the bestest friends. Men understand more sometimes did I say sometimes? I don't see any issues with men and women being friends.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I've had many male friends! And there was never any issues... My DH has quite a few female friends... no issues! Friends are just that - friends, just because they are different sexes doesn't mean they have to have sexual feeling or drama.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Personally, I think most often times its NOT possible, sure it happens but most times more comes from it
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Yes I do but, then again I have more male friends then female. Guy friends aren't as catty and mean, and more honest.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Both my husband and i have friends of the opposite sex. We did have lives and relationships before we met!
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 1:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I had a job for many years that consisted of 23 Men and me being the only woman. I was single when I started and I later married my HS sweetheart. I was friends with most of them and ONLY friends. I actually enjoy talking to men more than women. They are just more easygoing and fun. I set the limits early on and I was very happy JUST being friends and my DH never worried. I am a no nonsense type of person. What you see is what you get. I am not a flirt and the men knew their place. By the way, I was younger than most of them. I think women can be friends with men but only if they are confident in themselves and can set limits. Men who are looking for MORE will quickly cross the line if allowed. My DH works with only women and I trust him just as he trusts me.

Anonymous

• my man had friends of the oppsite sex....i later found out most were exs or friends that he had slept with so i say hell no
    Anonymous

• Yes, it is possible but you have to be grown up and normal...LOL. If youare an immature ,sex fiend you won't be able to keep it at a friendship level, know what I mean? Some of my best friends were guys. They are kinder and more compassionate than women,IMO.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Sometimes....Not often. I don't encourage it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2010