Are you overweight?

Are you overweight? If so have you always been overweight? Are you currently doing anything to change it? Do you blame your weight on genetics or eating habits or lack of excersise? Fo none of those, why do YOU think you are overweight? If your children become overweight will you do anything to change that?

BMI Categories:

Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

You are defined medically as being overweight if your body mass index (BMI) is over 25, and obese if it is over 30.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Health

• Yes. I need to eat less and workout more!
    Anonymous

• No I am not overweight, never have been except the three pregnancies and I took that off in months. My BMI is under 20

Answer by older at 1:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• yep I am, and it is 100% my fault...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Yes, I am. About 80-100lbs overweight. I'm overweight because I'm an emotional eater. I eat when i'm sad and happy. I'm addicted to sugar in general...
    Like anon 1:40 I also need to eat less and eat healthier and exersize more.
    Anonymous

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• Before I got pregnant with the second daughter I was overweight at 178 pounds and 5'5. I know normal range is 149 at the most so now I'm working towards 140.
    janel09

Answer by janel09 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i am 25 lbs over weight of what i "should" be. I blame it on the depo shot mostly..i gained 50 lbs while taking it. I have been off it for a year now and have lost half of the weight so i have the other half to go...i know i can do it. I've never had to try to eat health or excersize but i know its something i must try to work at now because my body isnt that of a teenager anymore
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• No I am not overweight.
    mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 1:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Are you overweight? Yes. If so have you always been overweight? Since I was about 8. Are you currently doing anything to change it? Yes. Losing very slowly.. but it is going. Do you blame your weight on genetics or eating habits or lack of excersise? A little bit of both. Every single woman in my entire family is overweight. But I am more so than a few of them because of my eating habits and lack of exercise. When I was in high school and worked out every day and ate well I was still as size 12 and I am 5'2". Fo none of those, why do YOU think you are overweight? I am overweight. If your children become overweight will you do anything to change that? I am hoping to prevent it all together, by teaching my DD at a very young age about eating right and exercise - she is the reason I am getting healthy in the first place.

Anonymous

• Yes I am overweight. From a combination of bad eating habits and not being able to exercise due to a medical condition. But now I am recovering from surgery and seeing a nutritionist. The weight is falling off and I am loving it!

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2010