How to...

forgive a man that was physically and mentally abusive, he seems to have changed (this was months ago) he is the father of my child but I can't get over it.... I've been cheating on him cuz I just can't get over it, it's like my revenge. ( I know it's not right but I just want to hurt him like he hurt me) How do you get over something like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd say that it is time for both of you to move on
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Why don't you just leave and start over with your LO. Your just fueling the fire, nobody should treat you that way and by cheating, your done with him inyour mind, you don't have love anymore you have hate
    Anonymous

• I agree with peanutsmommy1. I think it's time for the both of you to move on.
    Both of you betrayed the other's trust, and although it can be repaired, I think that there should be a "break" between the two of you, at least.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• He will never change. Move on & start a new & fresh life. Have respect for yourself and find a man who is worthy of YOU! Don't look back, forget he ever existed. If you start lowering yourself to short affairs, you will never meet a respectable man to settle down with. Doesn't your child and you deserve that? Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I would just leave him you and him can be parents to the child you all have together once they raise a hand once they will raise it again it may be a while but he will do it again and once he finds out your cheating and he will he may break out in a rag and end up hurting you so bad that you may not come out of it. The problem has just began leave now trust me it gets worst and worst i did it for 20 years and it never got better and i almost died.
    Anonymous

• forgiving doesn't always mean staying together, but people can change. that's why they have anger management classes and such. trust is very hard to get back. My dad abused my mom and doesn't physically hit her anymore, I think he still does mentally. so if you can get over him hitting you then there is a start.. i don't think i could stay, plus you already left emotionally if you are sleeping with other people
    Anonymous

• Have you read stories from other women about domestic violence? Do you realize that an abusive man can make you believe that everything between the two of you are fine but when the s*** hits the fan, he'll blow up and start using you again as his own punching bag?
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• You never forgive or forget but you move on to better moments. No one needs to be dragged down by this. Move on, you can always find a better life for yourself. No one has any right what so ever to abuse a women or a child. Been a victim of this and it is hard but you have the choice if you choose to walk away.
    Anonymous