Do you have a baby around 8 weeks old I can compare to?

I have a 7 week old boy,everyone tells me he is huge!! All the babies i have seen lately that are between 2-5 months old are smaller than my son. He was born April 9th and weighed 8.4 lbs. He now weighs 15.9 lbs!!!! How big is your baby that is close to his age?
I am just worried there might be something wrong, he eats formula and has 5 oz about every 3 hours..............

wood1980

Asked by wood1980 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was born 9lbs 3oz on april 16th he lost a pound so two days after birth he was 8lbs 3oz but at his five week weigh in he was 13lbs 14oz. He gets weighed again next week when he'll be 8 weeks old but he's been gaining 16-19 oz a week so I'm betting that at this next appointment he'll weigh around 16lbs like your son.
    Anonymous

• Well, my DD is 12 weeks, but at 8 weeks, she weight 14 pounds and 24 inches.
    Your DS eats more than my DD though. lol. She eats 4oz ever 3 hours. Very rarely 5.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• At eight weeks my dd weighed 9 lbs and she now is 5 months and weighs 14. She eats eight oz.every 4 hours.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 2:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My daughter was born on April 12th and weighed 5lbs 15oz very tiny baby for full term but shes 7 weeks 2days now and she weighs a little over 10 lbs now. I guess Im not much help cause you had a big baby at birth and I had a small one lol sorry. But her ped did say that she was only in the 8th percentile when she was born and at her 6 week appt. she was already in the 42nd percentile which is huge so Im happy and by the way shes breast fed only but my guess is shes drinking about 3-4oz every 2 1/2-3 hrs but again shes much smaller then your son. My son was always in the 90th percentile, I think boys are just natrually bigger then girls. If your doctor had a concern he would have said somthing so I wouldnt worry about it right now.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Congrats to you on your new arrival!! Thanks for posting!!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Awesome,makes me feel better knowing your son is the same size,
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My baby is 5 and a half months old and weighs the same as yours. She weighed around 10 lbs at 8 weeks and was 6 lbs 9 oz at birth.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• They're not expected to double birthweight till six months. He IS big. It is a cause for concern.

Mine was ten pounds at that age, born eight pounds.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2010