Do you get sick of being home?

Please be honest, you can be anonymous if you need to but I need to know I am not alone! My kids are 4 and 1 and they drive me nuts sometimes. I get sick of constantly being touched and needed every second for something. The oldest is getting such a bad attitude and it is always something with him wanting to say no and scream at me anytime I ask him to do anything. The baby is getting into everything and I cant take my eyes off of her for a second. I would give anything for them to just nap at the same time or something. Am I just an awful mom??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes I do lol I love my son more than anything but sometimes I just wanna strangle him haha ( I would never ) but that is why I went back to workI work nights, SO works days
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• You are not an awful mom...you are a regular mom that needs a break. I totally know where you are coming from. For me, I just miss being with adults and having normal conversations.
    Big hugs! I am happy to chat if you would like a online chum.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• You're not an aweful mom at all, you're just a mom. I know how you feel.
    Honestly, you need to get those kids on a regular schedule. That means both get woken up at the same time everyday, they get breakfast together, they get taken outside to run around for an hour, then they come in get lunch and take a nap. It is very important that they get that energy out. Attitudes are the worst, especially in a child who can say more then a few words. However, remember that you are the parent and that child is .. a child. You have the final say. If he throws a fit over something then he gets to sit in his room until he calms down. Don't back down, be consistant, and follow through!!!

My kids usually nap at the same time everyday, but I definately get cabin fever. I am in this house what feels lik every second of the month. Though I get to go out to.. grocery shop. Whoopee! I feel like a caged animal some days .. and just as cranky.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I had 3 kids each a year apart and ended up having a nervous breakdown when they were 4 months, 17 months and 2 1/2 because I was alone with them all day long and never got breaks. It wasn't pretty. I had another breakdown 4 years later when my youngest was a year old and those older kids were 4, 5 and almost 7. I was left alone for months with them and 2 puppies that weren't house broken when my husband decided to suddenly transfer jobs and move.
    They are 4, 7, 8 and almost 10 now and if I don't take a few hours each day to get away from them I go nuts. I can't stand them climbing all over me all the time and the whining gives me a migraine.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• That is something that you may need to talk with someone about! I donnot let my children hang on me, but I love being at home with them! If this is really stressing you out, talk to a therapist, you may just have a slight form of depression!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• You are not alone, I love being a SAHM and I adore my daughter, but some days. She's strong willed and there are days I just want to box her up and ship her off to the grandparents. Those days I employ the use of a baby gate at her door. I tell her I need a time out and she needs to go play in her room. Sometimes I'll put on a movie for her, after 30 mins to an hour of doing something I actually choose to do I'm good to go again.

Find some time out time for yourself, it will help.
    Spottychan

Answer by Spottychan at 11:07 AM on Jun. 6, 2010