DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL LIKE THEY"RE STARTING OVER?

Let me explain- My two life long girl friends both moved last year. We were all named Jenn....and were friends since we were little girls. Every week they would come to my house(after I put the kids to bed) and we would drink glass of wine(or a beer) & we would chat and watch a show. First, it was friends, then Sex& the City.....I miss this. I feel like I have to start all over with the friendship thing. I have a few close friends in town....but its just not the same. Sorry to boohoo but, I am frustrated. UGH!

jenparianos

Asked by jenparianos at 2:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• You'll make new friends. I had worked for a long time and really didn't have friends other than the people I worked with, and that wasn't exactly a friendship. So now I am on my own, and I am working on making friends. Some of the people from the job I have called and we have gone out to tea or lunch, for example. In time I hope to take some classes, and I know I'll meet new people there. Other places to meet people are in volunteer situations, political or service organizations, church.

Answer by Bmat at 2:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• about 8 years ago i left a VERY close circle of friends - we raised our kids together, our homes were always open to each other, etc. the place where i live now is weird - people just don't seem to want new friends here. i thought i made some good friends a few times but they just ditched on me. i did find some that could have been like that but then i got married so it was on me that i didn't have that... spending too much time with the husband. the pp gave some good suggestions - you can also try groups with shared interests - join a book club or whatever interests you... try meetups.com for some people with similar interests
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• thank u....its nice to know I am not the only one
    jenparianos

Answer by jenparianos at 3:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2010