English Bulldog

I washed my dog last night and his face broke out and he didn't want me to touch him. I gave the soap to my husband to wash the other dogs in (as the soap didn't bother them) but what can I get that would not hurt his skin. This has never happened by the way. I think he may have a skin infection in his folds and may have to go to the vet. I was just wondering if there is something that I can try that would be good for sensitive skin. Also I use wipes around his face but they are not medicated, does anyone know if they make medicated wipes for bullies who get infections around the folds? He was better this morning but I think I may have to change his food back to what I was giving him before because his skin started changing when I changed his food.

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Pets

• The only advice I can offer on the wrinkles is to use neosporin type of medicine on them. I usually wash or English Bully with baby shampoo for her body and just a warm water wash cloth on her face. The important thing is to dry the wrinkles the best you can. I have noticed with ours (6yo) that during warmer months she has a tendency to breakout so I try to keep the wrinkles clean, dry and apply the neosporin to the irritated places. I'm not sure about medicated wipes I only use plain water on her.

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 10:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Go get some witch hazel and put it on a soft cloth. Give the dog some benedryl, it was allergic to the scent in the soap or the soap it self. My pug is like this and so is my nephews English Bulldog.
    The dog shampoo that works really well for our pug is "Nova Pearls". My vet told me that baby wipes work, however I got the medicated wipes from the vet. I would also thing the tucks medicated wipes might work too.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 6, 2010