anyone with babies 15 months apart?

i due with my 2nd boy aug 4 my first will be 15 months then...how will he act....i feel so guilty for him sometimes i cry after i put him to bed for like an hour...anyone know what i mean?

april262009

Asked by april262009 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow, yes! Mine were 15 months and 2 weeks apart... both girls. I felt guilty when I first found out I was pregnant (even though it was planned!)... I think I was over the guilty feeling as due date approached... just into the freakin' scared stage... But I do think I know what you mean.

Just last night my husband and I were talking about how PERFECT their gap is... they are now 21 months and 3 years old. They are the sweetest little playmates already. My little one can hardly talk but whenever her sister leaves the room, she says, "ta ta (Quentin), w- ah yooo????" And the older one is always saying things like, "mommy, Greta just got up on the couch all by herself!" or she'll tell me if she says a new word for the first time.

The early days were far easier than I had imagined. Our second baby was a peaceful sleeping angel (something our first was not) so we were lucky. As far as feeling like I didn't have (cont'd)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Yes. I had my second daughter when my first was 15 1/2 months old! I also cried for the first two weeks. I felt so guilty for the short amount of time I'd have with just my first, but they are SO close now, and we wouldn't change it for ANYTHING!!! My hubby bought me a double stroller so that I could leave the house, and I really did just stay home ALOT. It was just too difficult to load up everything I would need for the both of them for a while, but you get used to it, and you get into a routine. Now, they're 12 and almost 11...they're a blast!!! I also have 7 year old son, now, and I LOVE having my kids home for the summer!!! They're my joy!!! It'll get easier, and you'll find that you have SO much love for the both of them...it's just amazing how God gives us this overwhelming love for each little new life!!!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 3:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• .. enough time with my first baby - well, she knew full well how to get the time and attention she needed lol. It was more like how do I actually pay attention to this BABY! But I just wore my little one in my moby wrap and chased a high-energy 16 month-old around the park. It felt pretty natural pretty quickly. There was NO jealousy with nursing and stuff in the early days.. it was almost like the older one was oblivious to the fact that there was a baby around. She really started noticing more once the little one started doing things... eating at the table, sitting up, picking up her toys lol. It has had its rough stages... I think right around when the little one started walking and the big girl was about two and 3-4 months and going through some independence stuff, I had many a meltdowns... but you can do it. And your older boy will simply never remember life without his sibling. I love it, I'm sure you will. Congrats!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My oldest two are 16 months apart. I didn't have any issues like that. #1 didnt' have a hard time when #2 came along which really helped.
    Anonymous

• My kids are 13 months apart. I too felt soo guilty when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I felt like I was cheating my son out of his toddler years with his parents. It's been six months since my daughter was born and I do sometimes still feel guilty. Even though both my children are very happy kids. Just remember to take time out of your day to spend one on one time with your oldest. Let him know that he's still your baby. Play with him, take him on walks, just you and him. That way he won't feel like baby is taking over. Also, allow him to help out with baby. Keep a positive attitude towards baby, except of course if he's mean to the baby, that way he'll see baby as a good thing.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My middle three were born Feb 24, 04/Jan 16, 05/Dec 27, 05....they never realized there was a difference. As long as you don't make a big deal over the new baby I don't think they will notice a change. I never allowed people to fall all over the new bay and ignore the older children.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• thats normal to feel that way. My first two kids are 16mos apart. They are 5 and 6 now. i felt so guilty my entire pregnancy. It will be ok and it will work out:) I remeber
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jun. 3, 2010